Allegan Homeless Solutions (AHS) is looking for a dynamic individual who has a passion for furthering our mission to house the homeless. This 15 hr/week position requires someone who demonstrates initiative, compassion, critical thinking, and the ability to work independently. (Occasionally, an event may increase hours.)
Homelessness and impending homelessness require immediate attention. The Administrative Assistant plays a critical role in capturing information and disseminating it quickly to the Board and staff. Homelessness happens at all hours of the day/night and weekends.
If you possess the following skills and have a heart for serving the homeless, please review the information below and submit the requested materials if you would like to be considered for the AHS team.
Responsibilities, including but not limited to:
- Respond to email and social media communications
- Manage AHS calendar
- Send out board communications
- Attend meetings and events of the AHS
- Pick up mail
- Assist Board President with meeting preparations
- Conduct research as needed
- Maintain donor database
- Provide gift acknowledgment letters
- Participate in grant writing
- Keep lists current: non-profits, ministerium members, municipality leaders
- Oversee Period Warriors Volunteer Coordinator
- Maintain timely paperwork/payments to the State, vendors, and accountant
- Initiate payments and accompanying expense forms to vendors and employees
- Proficient in Word & Excel
- Outstanding Communication Skills
- Ability to communicate organizational mission effectively and professionally
- Enjoys public speaking
- Uses proper grammar in spoken and written word
- Detail oriented
- Highly organized
- Compassion for the homeless
- Adheres to Best Practices with an Ethical and Principled mindset
- Must have reliable internet and, initially, a working computer
- Hourly rate is $16/hr
- No benefits are provided
- Deadline to apply: March 4, 2022
To express your interest, please provide a letter indicating why you are interested in the position and what makes you an outstanding candidate for the job, a resume’, and three references who can speak to your ability to be a team player who takes pride in doing exceptional work.
Mail submissions to 409 Oaks Crossing, Suite 142 Plainwell MI 49080.